Condominium development activity has been booming in Toronto over the past decades, signalling a very robust and healthy real estate market that strives to keep up with housing demand. If you are considering to buy a pre-construction condo, or simply doing your research to learn about the reputation of certain builders, we have compiled this blog post for you to make your research easier.
When it comes to experience and quality, Tridel packs above the punch. With inception date of 1927, Tridel is one of the oldest developers in Toronto. Over the decades, Tridel has proven itself to be a leader in building high-quality family homes and condominiums across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Projects completed by Tridel usually embody state-of-the-art architecture and development. It is easy to see why – Tridel buildings look stunning, luxurious, and pleasing to the eyes. This developer also has sustainability in mind for all of its projects; it is a leader in building “green” or eco-friendly buildings with LEED certification. News Wire Canada calls Tridel “the largest LEED-certified high-rise developer in Canada”.
Tridel’s excellent building reputation is coupled with its top-notch and responsive customer service. They also have a reputation for completing projects on time.
Some buildings completed by Tridel include:
- Aqualina at Bayside (located on Queens Quay East in Toronto’s waterfront)
- Bianca (boutique building at Dupont and Spadina; offers luxurious suites with 3+ bedrooms priced at almost $2 million)
- Ten York (offers luxury suites and penthouses, right in the centre of downtown and financial district)
- Via Bloor (to be completed in 2021; this building embodies prestige and class in the Rosedale neighbourhood)
Minto is a Canadian family-run developer that is known for green-friendly designs. It has won several awards for its LEED certified green buildings.
Examples of buildings completed by Minto:
- Minto Westside Condos
- Minto 30 Roe
- Quantum 2 Condos
Some new pre-construction projects by Minto include:
- Minto Yorkville Park (25 floors with art-deco-inspired finishes, providing upscale living in the Yorkville neighbourhood)
- Westside (2 buildings at the intersection of Front St. West and Bathurst St., offering futuristic design and ample amenities)
Pinnacle International is a highly regarded real estate developer based in Vancouver, but it has completed numerous condominiums in Toronto. As a well-funded condo developer, projects usually gets completed without much delay. The quality of the finished buildings is excellent and stands against the test of time.
Some notable projects completed by Pinnacle are:
- Pinnacle Centre (4 inter-connected high-rise condo buildings at Yonge St. & Lakeshore Blvd.)
- Grand Park 1 & 2 at Square One
- The Pinnacle on Adelaide
Some of Pinnacle’s currently ongoing projects include:
- Prestige Condos at One Yonge (3 ultra-tall luxury condominiums with underground connection to the PATH)
- Pinnacle Toronto East (on Sheppard Avenue East)
4) Great Gulf
Over the years, Great Gulf has coveted many awards that speak to the quality of their work. In addition to building luxury condominiums in the GTA, Great Gulf has also completed real estate projects in Alberta, Washington, Florida, and Texas. What makes Great Gulf stands out is that the approach they take to ensure that every real estate investment made in the name of Great Gulf is always a good one in the long-term.
Notable buildings by Great Gulf include:
- Charlie Condos
- Monde Condos
- One Bloor (75-storey luxury condominium, right at Yonge & Bloor)
Pre-construction condos by Great Gulf:
- 375 King (competitively priced)
- Yonge and Rich
Context has made a mark in the Toronto condo scene since 1997. It is known for modern, contemporary architecture and urban design.
Examples of Context-developed condos:
- District Lofts
- Ideal Lofts (low-rise loft condominium in Little Italy neighbourhood)
- Kensington Market Lofts
- SP!RE the Condominium (at Church St. & Adelaide St. East)
- Tip Top Tailor Lofts (successful conversion of the 1920s industrial building into a modern condominium)
The Daniels Corporation (Daniels Homes) is one of the most well-known and highly reputable condo developers in Toronto. With over 5 decades of experience, it has built a reputation for developing some of the largest and most modern buildings in the city. It is also known for incorporating luxury, energy-efficient, and unique designs.
Condos built by Daniels Homes adhere to the Accessibility Designed Program (ADP), to improve access for people with disabilities (such as ramps for mobility devices). Another unique program by Daniels is the Daniels FirstHome program, which provides competitive pricing and home purchase access to individuals, couples, and families who are unable to realize homeownership through traditional means.
Daniels Homes has built:
- Cinema Tower (at 21 Widmer St.)
- Festival Tower (at 80 John St.)
Pre-construction projects by Daniels Homes:
- Daniels Waterfront Community
- Daniels Erin Mills Master
- Wesley Tower at Daniels City Centre
Menkes has been a family-operated real estate developer in the GTA since 1954. This developer is known for building condos with world-class amenities and premium quality, alongside retail and office building developments. Interior and exterior architecture of Menkes-developed condos is usually stunning with great finishes. To date, Menkes has built 30-40 condominiums in the GTA.
Notable projects completed by Menkes include:
- The Four Seasons Private Residences (one of Toronto’s most expensive condos to buy and live in)
- One York Street
- Harbour Plaza
- Pears on the Avenue
- Luxe Condominiums
Current projects by Menkes:
- Sugar Wharf at LCBO Lands (near Toronto’s waterfront)
Lamb Development is known for building residential condos that are central to downtown, in urban hotspots. A lot of Lamb Development’s buildings are boutique-sized that are modern and high-quality.
Past projects by Lamb Development include:
- The Brant Park (in King West neighbourhood)
Pre-construction projects by Lamb Development:
- East 55 Condos (at 53 Ontario St.)
- The Bread Company Condos (at 193 McCaul St.)
- The Woodsworth Condos (at 440 Richmond St. West)